Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello, chaos, welcome home

It happened again, although I tried very hard to avoid it and keep things sorted ... I have been visited by my old friend - guess who? Yeah, you are right, the name is chaos *sigh*.

Well, at least, I won on the stay sorted side, but I badly lost on the finishing projects side. The visit seems to be the revenge for all the painting I did lately, just too many pieces on that *fabric-painting-pile*. But on the other hand, it's always nice to find long forgotten things underneath the ones you still remember ;). Although there are always some things I like to stay buried ... awful color combinations, unsightly experiments or simply overall epic fails.


This is what I found when I sorted through the paintings pile, see that seastar in the lower corner? I totally forgot about it, it was among one of the first paintings I did - months ago ... Sad, isn't it? But well, I guess, that is just me - slightly chaotic and ticking slower than the rest of the world. The proof can be seen above.

The only book I finished lately (although I admit, I had to deal with severe/stupid computer problems for a while which needed to be solved) can also be considered as an experiment. It is a handpainted softcover fabric jounal with a polka dot, hot pink sideflap and off-white pages with pink colored egdes, bound in a combination of long stitches and link stitches. Whether it is totally unsightly or not, may be up to you ;).


I guess, I should stop writing now and get some things done ;)

2 comments:

  1. You are being too hard on yourself. I think it is important to allow yourself time to experiment; to try various things so in the future you'll know what works and what doesn't. Can you over-dye awful color combinations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I already *over-painted* one or two things, workes with detailed things like dots, whereas the larger areas are in most cases already covered with *line work* - so no *over-painting* there. I haven't tried dyes yet, since I don't know how the paints I am using would *accept* the over-dyeing. Hmmm?

    ReplyDelete