Thursday, October 8, 2009

Red ribbons

This time something about my newest adventure - bookbinding. Since I am quiet new to this I am still trying this and that and everthing without a certain direction - well, at least yet. ;) Inspired by red poppies and using my favorite colour scheme of black, white and red, I made a softcover notebook with 120 plain white pages of slightly heavy drawing paper. For this book, I tore all pages apart at all sides to give the egdes some texture and a soft touch so that the egde of the textblock feels somewhat like fabric or as soft as the red felt, which forms the *inside* part of the cover.




The ribbons which are used for closure have a very nice fishbone weave and are made of cotton. They are still very long, mostly for decorational purposes, but for now I will leave them as they are since cutting them off is far easier than  cutting them *on* ;)

And one more important thing: A big thank you to the nice Fioleta who already mentioned me on her blog and contineously supported me right from the start since I made (and am still making ;) ) my first steps into the world of the internet. Thank you, Denise.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, and I hope to see you again, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red, white and black do look great. I know exactly what you mean about cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete